The Conarium Way
Conarium believes that we live better lives when we care for our whole self – body, mind and soul. With sound medical science, ancient wisdom, inspiring content and support, we help you create an ecosystem of therapies that facilitate a lifestyle of well being and self healing.
Rafael Andrade, Founder, Conarium Wellness
Dr. Zayd Ratansi, Chief Medical Director, Conarium Wellness
Live a Lifestyle of Wellness
Conarium believes in changing the Status Quo in medicine and wellness. We believe there is value in both modern medicine and ancient therapies; because of that, we have developed a unified flow that yields better results than any of its individual parts.
- Stimulate the production of body stem cells
- Decrease swelling and inflammation
- Help the body to metabolize and clear toxins
- Regenerate injured tissues
- Boosts immune system function
- Stress reduction, cardiovascular improvement, weight loss
- Increased collagen for softer more flexible skin
- Improve cellular protection and nutrient intake
Conarium collaborates with medical and wellness communities to help expand healing solutions in order to offer a more wholesome way of life.
Founder, Conarium Wellness
“The basic philosophy behind Conarium Wellness has been in my mind for many years. The early influences of my mother (a retired educator) and my father (an MD) planted a desire to do something that would impact people’s lives in a positive way. However, I didn’t become an educator or a doctor; I became an engineer and I focused in being the best engineer I could be. I succeeded and travelled the world helping companies with their telecommunications networks.”
PATH TO WELLNESS
“Growing up, I was influenced by my parents in two very important areas: 1. My mother’s passion for teaching and using creative ways to help her students become better citizens. 2. My father’s passion for medicine as a service and a vocation, not as a business. Both of them had many opportunities to build wealth with their skills and work ethic. However, they both chose to work with people who needed them the most instead of taking the political jobs where they would’ve been disconnected from students and patients.
I didn’t have a lot of opportunity to be around my mom as she taught, but I did get to see my dad at work when I was very young. To this day, I still admire his work ethic … he remains a practicing physician in his 70s in Panama today. I remember going with him to remote areas of the Panama rainforest where he periodically gave free exams and health presentations. When he did consultations with patients, he would take his time, listen and converse with each one, and try to read their emotional state, stress levels, learn about their family life. Very focused. All of this he wanted to know before ever writing a prescription. To him, medicine is a service. He lives the Hippocratic oath to get to know and understand the patient — their work life, family, emotions, hobbies, diet, state of mind. He promotes a healthy way of life.”
PATH TO CONARIUM
“Life was good. Beautiful family, great finances, good health and a prosperous career. Still, something was missing, so in 2007 my friend Phil and I started a health and wellness company. We did a lot of work and created great plans, but we didn’t execute successfully and closed the business. We didn’t help anyone, we didn’t make any money, but we learned a lot about how to live a better life. In 2010, my friend Ivan and I decided we needed to do something in the space of motivational content, so we started collecting articles, reading books, watching videos and crafting ideas. We did not start a business, but we laid out plans of how to collect and collate valuable, meaningful content and facilitate it to the masses. It was another great idea with no results but personal growth.
In the following years, I kept working hard in my career, but also invested significant time educating myself in the areas of wellness, the mind and spirituality. I travelled all over the world, made lasting friendships, made good money, but I wasn’t satisfied, and I was tired. I didn’t feel I was doing something that mattered. In late 2017 a friend asked me if I would be interested in helping him expand his already successful wellness company. As I learned more about his business and his products it validated that this was the space I needed to be in all along. All that work was not in vain; the timing was finally right.”
WELCOME TO CONARIUM
“Although it’s been many years in the making, Conarium had to wait until this moment in time to become real. Our society is under constant stress — bills, politics, work pressures, poor health, and many other situations leading to stress, inflammation and disease. This lowers our energy levels, which reduces productivity in the workplace and quality time at home with our loved ones. Maybe my desire to do something that mattered needed to wait until the technology and the need was where it is today. Now we will be able to touch people, engage with them and help them in this expansion of our wellness business. I’ve been very fortunate to be where I am today, and I’m confident our dedication and approach to healing and wellbeing will hold great things for all.”
Dr. Scott Sherr
Chief Medical Director – Integrative Medicine
Dr. Scott Sherr is a Board Certified Internal Medicine Physician Certified in Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBT) and Health Optimization Medicine (HOMe). He graduated Summa Cum Laude from UCLA as an undergraduate and Magna Cum Laude with Alpha Omega Alpha distinction from the University of Maryland Medical School in Baltimore.
Dr. Scott is one of the few HBT providers in the country that creates personalized treatment plans for patients that include Health Optimization Medicine as its foundation, cutting edge & dynamic HBT protocols as well as adjunctive technologies, practices, and practitioners. He consults, educates, and advocates for patients locally in the Bay Area where he lives and worldwide virtually his website, www.integrativehbot.com.
His formal titles include Director of Integrative Medicine and Health Optimization at Hyperbaric Medical Solutions in New York, COO of Health Optimization Medicine (a nonprofit education company) the USA, COO of Smarter Not Harder, Medical Advisor to the One Hit Away Foundation, and Hospitalist at Sequoia Hospital in Redwood City, CA.
Dr. Scott has consulted on a number of wellness projects including the Bulletproof Lab (LA), Remedy Place (LA), LMS Wellness (London), and others.
He resides in the Bay Area with his wife, his 4 children, and their Australian sheppard/poodle mix.
- Health Optimisation Summit London, September 2019 (audio) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q5DDx1cijxuk7IPy-hOow3mmj_LyrxCZ/view?usp=sharing
- IHMA Lecture on Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and Health Optimization June, 2018 in Denver, CO
- Webinar with Dr. Scott Sherr on HBT and The Power of an Integrative Approach. Speaking with Camille Gehrlich, Publicity Director of the Association of Natural Health (aonh.org), Dr. Sherr demonstrates how HBT will promote healing and enhance performance. 11/2018: https://vimeo.com/274136276
- Silicon Valley Health Institute, Summer 2018: HBT The ultimate Health Optimization Technology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9IUVffXmS0
- HBT, IVC, and the Ketogenic Diet May 2018: https://youtu.be/27A6EIw4_kc?list=PLIQ39sMYH78ur5o-FDFfd4aNJo36NFWAV
- Integrative Health Symposium February 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9IUVffXmS0
- Cutting through the Controversy: HBT for TBI June 2017: https://youtu.be/_1sxSDK48k4
- Hyperbaric Oxygen and Breath, June of 2017: https://youtu.be/7OwE3U5wHuw
- Silicon Valley Health Institute, September 2015 Wound Healing is Anti Aging https://youtu.be/osYng4l7PEs
- Healing almost Anything with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Novemer 2019: https://youtu.be/Y7cam6_eGC8
- Siim Land Podcast: http://siimland.com/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-ketosis-and-fasting-with-dr-scott-sheer/
- Decoding Superhuman August, 2019: https://decodingsuperhuman.com/hbot/
- Biohackers Lab Podcast, July 2019: https://www.biohackerslab.com/ep95-dr-scott-sherr/
- Growth Island Podcast with Mads Friis July 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HdYZ-8Bg_w
- Choose Fi Podcast May 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ypNfeT5wg
- Game of Life Podcast w/David Nurse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mf-H56RVc8
- I love Success Podcast, Moving the Needle on Health: http://warriorsoulpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-29-is-hyperbaric-oxygen-a-potential-solution-for-pts-tbi-and-chronic-disease-with-dr-scott-sherr
- Extreme Health Radio Sept 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNRfhmOAISk&feature=youtu.be
- Dr. Sherr on HBT June 2018 with Lisa Tamati: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p7wuEINt-c
- Oxygen Therapy and Enhancement w/HVMN: http://siimland.com/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-ketosis-and-fasting-with-dr-scott-sheer/
- Energy Blueprint Podcast with Ari Whitten, Summer 2018: https://youtu.be/eBVI8172Xso
- HBT for IBD Summer 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EnQvwdeuLM
- Megadosing Oxygen on the End of Alzheimer’s Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERVZjnlPzWo
- On Cancer Podcast, April 2018: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-in-cancer-treatment/id1353251828?i=1000409967370
- Hyperbaric Oxygen and Breath, June of 2017: https://youtu.be/7OwE3U5wHuw
- Warrior Soul Podcast: http://warriorsoulpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-29-is-hyperbaric-oxygen-a-potential-solution-for-pts-tbi-and-chronic-disease-with-dr-scott-sherr
- Livin La Vida Low Carb with Jimmy Moore March 2017: https://www.scribd.com/podcast/418080212/1227-Dr-Scott-Sherr-Is-Supercharging-The-Ketogenic-Diet-With-Hyperbaric-Oxygen-Therapy-Board-Certified-Internal-Medicine-Physician-Scott-Sherr-is-o
- Wound Healing is Anti-Aging w/Wendy Myers 2016: https://youtu.be/fSJ9zPOLOFM
- What Happens inside your Blood Vessels: https://www.facebook.com/HyperbaricMedicalSolutions/videos/424111055149136/
- HBT Effects Oxygen Carrying Capacity: https://youtu.be/AeEdi-LiaU8–
- Hyperbaric Medicine, an Introduction: https://youtu.be/psvlYOigVtg
- HBT and Concussion: https://youtu.be/ImHg4TEbBJo
- Types of HBT Chambers: https://youtu.be/anQes5Fpz-4
BSAAM’s 15th Annual Anti Ageing Conference London 2018
- Surfer Magazine 12/2016: https://www.surfer.com/features/shock-waves/
- Wound Healing is Antiaging: https://www.hyperbaricmedicalsolutions.com/blog/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-wound-healing-is-anti-aging
Dr. Zayd Ratansi
Chief Medical Director – Hyperbaric Medicine
Dr. Zayd Ratansi is a licensed Naturopathic Physician with advanced certifications in hyperbaric medicine, bio oxidative medicine, low level light therapy, chelation therapy and environmental medicine. He is recognized internationally as a preeminent expert in:
- the treatment of brain injuries and other neurological conditions using hyperbaric oxygen therapy;
- implementing protocols on the use of hyperbaric therapy in the mainstream medical setting.
Dr. Ratansi an active member of the International Hyperbaric Association (IHA), collaborating with the organization to help advance the field of hyperbaric therapy, and training physicians on safety, operations, and the proper use of HBT. He has been extensively trained in Environmental Medicine and has helped implement safe detoxification and cleansing programs along with hyperbaric oxygen therapy within the spa industry helping to advance Medical Spas throughout the world.
His passion is to help integrate science-based natural medicine into conventional practice. As the Conarium Chief Medical Director, Dr Ratansi works closely with doctors and practitioners, as well as with fitness gyms, spas, and healthcare facilities, to implement relevant protocols within their fields.
In his practice, Dr. Ratansi integrates the use of bio-oxidative therapies, chelation therapy, intravenous nutritional therapies, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, low level light therapy, mild hyperthermia therapy, Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (UBI), photoluminescence, nutritional biochemistry, and other naturopathic modalities. Patients have flown in from all over the world to experience his treatment protocols, reporting astounding results.
In addition to his role as Chief Medical Director of Conariun, Dr. Ratansi is the Medical Director and Naturopathic Physician for Wellness Without Limits in Florida, and holds an active license in California and Washington State as a Naturopathic Doctor.
He received his BSc from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver and Doctoral of Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington in 1998. Dr.
Ratansi began his practice in 1998 where he served as the medical director for the first private multiplace hyperbaric oxygen chamber in Canada. Over six years, he oversaw and directed over 90,000 pressurized hyperbaric oxygenation treatments, and fine-tuned a one-month recovery program for very debilitating conditions. He also served for seven years as the medical director at the HOC Health Centers in Canada and the United States.